Breast uplift, also known as mastopexy, is a surgical operation to re-shape sagging breasts. The procedure will produce a more youthful and firmer breast.
What is it?
• A breast uplift is an operation to lift and re-shape sagging breasts, giving a firmer, more youthful-looking bust line
Things to be aware of:
• You may experience nausea from the general anaesthetic
• Soreness, bleeding and some bruising and swelling around the breasts is likely in the weeks after surgery
• A breast uplift is generally regarded as a permanent solution
• However, depending upon your age at the time of the operation, you may experience some minor drooping in the future
• A breast uplift can not make small breasts larger or reduce large breasts. See breast enlargement or breast reduction to correct these
What is involved?
• Your surgeon will remove some of the skin from underneath your breast
• Your nipple will be moved into a higher position to create a firmer shape and more “pert” profile
• The operation will take between 1 and 2 hours to complete
• You will require a general anaesthetic and an overnight stay in hospital
• You will need to wear a good support bra in the weeks following your operation and to aid your recovery
• It is important that you avoid any strenuous activity for the first four weeks and you should allow yourself up to eight weeks to recover fully
You may also like